Having so much chocolate lying around my shelves and cabinets, I’ve got to do something with it. That is why I enjoy making these Chocolate Oatmeal Squares. I like this recipe because it’s easy and it doesn’t take much time to make. Nice and crispy and crunchy. Everything you and your bars ever wanted.
I think you should give it a shot. I like the crunchy, chocolaty, sweet flavor of these chocolate oatmeal squares. It’s great for an afternoon snack. Or simply for a time when we crave chocolate.
I really love to share recipes like this with you guys. To share crave soothers with chocolate maniacs. It helps. Believe me. You should really try this. Sense it’s so easy to make, we make it over and over. I think you will to.
Chocolate Oatmeal Squares
Yield: 12 squares
- 1-3/4 stick Cold Butter, Cut Into Pieces
- 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cup Oats (quick Or Regular)
- 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13 or 8 x 10 baking dish(I used a 13 x 9).
- Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle half the mixture into the pan and pat lightly to pack it a little tight. Then, sprinkle the chocolate (you can always add a few more handfuls than normal) evenly over the surface. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly again.
- Bake until light golden brown on top, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan.
- When cool, cut into squares and serve.